Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Monday, December 15, 2008

Another weekend gone, another weekend closer...

Closer to the start of training, of course!

I got out for a decent run on Saturday. I went out without a route in mind....I just ran. I told Eric afterwards that I felt like an actual runner, because I just ran wherever my feet would take me. I ended up running for about 55 minutes, with some walking inserted of course. It was cold and windy, which makes it difficult for me to swallow when I am running, especially after taking a walk break. When I can't swallow I start to feel really nauseous. So that was no fun....but I guess it kept me from taking too many walking breaks!

I learned something fun on my run. I was up by Eric's place and decided to run on this path that I've seen that runs alongside the Michael A. Fox Highway. I've always wondered how far it goes, and I found out Saturday it only goes about 1.5-2 miles. But, there was a pamphlet about Liberty Township at the start of the path and there was a little blurb written up about how there are plans to develop an 80-some mile bike path that will connect the Great Miami path and the Little Miami Bike path. I am super excited about that! A bike path right by Eric's house. It's maybe a 5 minute bike ride away from his house, and 80-some miles of path would be awesome! Granted, they just made this plan up back in October, so it is still in very early stages and probably won't be done for years, but it's something to look forward to at least. I do miss living so close to the Little Miami bike trail.

Only one more week of work until Christmas break! We're supposed to get some nasty winter weather tonight and tomorrow night, so I'm hoping for at least a 2 hour delay at some point. Tomorrow, preferably.

The medicine seems to be working better. I actually stayed awake until almost 10:00 last night! I'm a little tired today, so this might not be the dose I'll end up at, but at least I'm not going to bed at 7:00. Maybe if I have 2 extra hours to sleep in tomorrow, I'll feel as fresh as a daisy. One can only hope...

No comments: