Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Thursday, November 13, 2008

The week is dragging on

It's Thursday. I've ran once since Saturday. I'm tired. All I want to do is sleep. Plus, I'm bored.

So I ran yesterday afternoon with Keifer. We ran about 3 miles....with frequent walk breaks due to Keifer dragging behind, which in turn made me more tired since I was dragging him. He actually did pretty good with the run, considering it was light outside and there was a ton of traffic and other people out walking/running. We're going to get out for another run today.

I'm a little nervous because it is supposed to be super cold on Saturday! I have to get out and run. My body just isn't used to the freezing cold yet. Our weather has been too screwy. I won't have to rush to get out for the morning run though since I'm not helping Eric move this weekend. I may actually do the run up in Eric's neighborhood if he's not working on Saturday. Then I'll have some new scenery, and it's a great way to see some of the houses in the area. Well, at least I know I am fully capable of doing the 5 mile run this weekend since I already did it last weekend!

I'm ready for the weekend, but mostly I am ready for thanksgiving break. I just need a few days to relax. I'm just getting burned out on what I'm doing at work. I just have to make it through one more full week of work and then a couple days of randomness, and then I get a 5 day weekend! I can't wait. Hopefully Eric is going to get the Wednesday before Thanksgiving off, so that will be nice to have some time to spend with him before all the traveling begins.

The first information meeting about the marathon training is next week! I'm excited and I'm sure it will give me an extra ounce of motivation, which I am seriously lacking right now. I don't know if it the dreary weather, or the time change, or what...but I have just been lazy and tired lately.

I saw my doctor on Tuesday about my medicine not working as well anymore for my sleepiness and he has referred me to another sleep study doctor to get a second opinion. He didn't feel very comfortable about prescribing me more medicine for something that was never really pinpointed. Plus, he has concerns since I am only 25 and will have to continue taking this medicine the rest of my life. I just keep hoping one day I will wake up with boundless amounts of energy. Fat chance of that happening. It's just so frustrating sometimes because it comes and goes....and the past few weeks have been exceptionally bad. I blame DST throwing my internal clock off. The most frustrating part is that it feels like no one really believes me. I'm sure it seems suspicious because at times I have lots of energy, and I run a lot, and such....but when I am hit with a wave of fatigue that makes me want to crawl into bed at 8:45 to go to sleep, I'm not faking it! It's hard for people to understand when it is such an internal issue and not something that people can see. Hopefully we'll get the issue solved so I can stop dealing with it.

Today I will be lifting weights and then heading home for a run (probably the same run as yesterday). Tomorrow morning I'll get up and do some pilates (which I am really starting to like), and then maybe take Keifer for a walk after work. Hopefully Eric gets home from work at a decent time so I can let Keifer run around outside to get some energy out. If not, a walk and a little fetch in the apartment will have to suffice.

Well, here's to a five mile run in cold 40-degree weather during a rain shower! Hopefully the rain part won't come true, at least.

No comments: