Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Monday, November 17, 2008

1.5 Weeks until Turkey Day!

I'm feeling rather tired today on this dreary, cold Monday. I had every intention on running Saturday morning, but I awoke to a consistent, cold rain that lasted all day long. It was disgusting outside. So I pushed the run off until Sunday morning, which I accomplished. I ran 5 miles and it took me 52 minutes. Not bad....in fact, I thought it would take me a lot longer because I ended up walking a lot. I ran around the neighborhoods up by Eric's house and there were a lot more hills than I anticipated. I guess I was running pretty quick during the non-hilly parts because to accomplish almost a 10 minute mile is pretty impressive with all the walking I did. Looks like I may be able to finish that 10K in under 60 minutes afterall. We'll see, I guess.

It was super cold on Sunday, along with some wind....this hurt my throat a little since I haven't run in any weather that cold yet, but it wasn't so bad. It was nice to get out and see different houses around Eric's. It's a slow enough mode of transportation that I can take in each house as I go by. I was trying to figure out what color of shutters and door would look good with the brick color of Eric's house :).

Today I'm not feeling too shabby. A little tired, yes (what else is new!), but I'm not sore at all. My knees were a little sore yesterday, but they feel fine today. I did notice that my lower right-side ribs area is a little tender today, but the doctor said the soreness is probably due to running, so maybe he was right. At least it doesn't hurt as bad as it did last week!

This morning I woke up and did some Yoga instead of Pilates. I figured my body could use some stretching this morning. I'm going to attempt a 3 mile run with Keifer after work today. He hasn't been out running in weather this cold, so we'll see how he handles it.

I got my test results back today from the blood work my doctor did. Everything came back ok except my Vitamin B12 was in the low-normal range. The lady on the phone said that the doctor wants me to go ahead with the new sleep study, but after that he will discuss with me what we should do about the B12 deficiency. So, no big revelations to explain my excessive sleepiness with the blood work. I figured nothing would come of it...but I was hopeful. I meet with the sleep doctor a week from tomorrow. Great.

Wednesday is the information meeting for the marathon training group! I'm so excited to see what it's all about. Bring on the running!

No comments: