Tonight is the first marathon training program informational meeting. It's for the store that is the farthest from my apartment, but the one I like the most. We'll see what they have to offer and if they sell me on their program before I even have a chance to find out more info about the other one. I'm excited to find out what a training program is all about!
I was lazy yesterday and did nothing physical for myself. I'm calling it my rest day :). I was just tired and unmotivated. Today after work I'm planning on getting a 3 mile run in, plus I did pilates this morning. It was just so cold yesterday. All I wanted to do was snuggle up under a blanket with sweats on. Keifer had other plans though and pretty much whined all afternoon/evening. That was rather annoying. I felt bad, but I tried to explain to him that it was way too cold out to do anything. I don't think he understood what I was trying to tell him. So the plan is to run today and tomorrow. Then Friday I will rest up for the long run that I will do early Saturday. The Ohio St./Michigan game is on Saturday, so that will wear me out and I'm sure I won't want to run on Sunday. I might as well just get it over with. Plus, Sunday is kinda pushing it close to the race on Thursday. I need to rest on Sunday, then do short runs on Monday and Tuesday. Then Wednesday is my rest day (and Christmas decorating day!) and Thursday morning is the big run! Piece of cake....6 miles really doesn't seem like all that much when you've already run 13.1 miles in a race before. I'm just glad I will have a nice base built up before starting the marathon training program. I just need to have the motivation to keep that base going through December.
I should make a training program to my training program. Kind of like a Pre-training program. If I have it written out what I am going to do, I am more likely to follow through. It's just a month that I need to keep going. I could just run 5 miles on the weekends....run 3 days a week otherwise. I'll make a new training schedule on Monday. Plus it's the holidays, I need to keep the running up anyways so I don't gain 10 lbs. I'd prefer to eventually start losing weight...but it seems that my running is allowing me to maintain my weight and still eat crap. I just need to kick that habit and the weight will start coming off. I'm sure as I start running more I'll start losing again.
Well, hopefully today's run goes ok and the informational meeting is, well, informational! Updates tomorrow on what exciting things I find out!
No comments:
Post a Comment