Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Monday, November 10, 2008

Moving Weekend

What an eventful weekend. Eric is officially moved in to his new home. It's really nice and I do like it...the distance is a negative, but the house is great. We spent all weekend getting his stuff moved in, and making 3 trips to Lowe's for various items. Keifer really enjoyed being able to run out in the yard, and I really enjoyed a Keifer that was calm and manageable.

On Saturday I got out early for my long run. I was up when it was still dark due to Eric moving in to his house that day. My intention was to go for a 4.5 mile run, and I had a route all mapped out. Unfortunately, I missed one of the turns and went way to far. After turning around and trying to shorten another part of my mapped route, I ended up running 5 miles total. So, .5 miles more than I wanted to...but it didn't kill me. My back killed the rest of the day on Saturday. I think it was because we kept going to Lowe's, which has horrible concrete floors...and I didn't really sit down all day. It felt fine on Sunday.

I tried to get up and run this morning...but I had awful pains in my abdomen, so I went home and did Pilates instead. I'm going to hopefully have time to walk Keifer this afternoon, and I plan on running with him in the morning because I don't have school tomorrow! I'm really looking forward to a day off. I'm planning on getting a lot of stuff taken care of...such as cleaning my gross apartment. Then there's only 3 days left in the week until the weekend!

I'm thinking instead of waking up and running on M, W, and F, I am going to start waking up and doing Pilates. We'll see if Keifer lets me (he tends to try to bite my hair and lick my face while I'm on the floor), but it is getting way too cold in the mornings to go running. I'd rather wait until after work when the sun is out. That way, I get Pilates in, and runs in the afternoon. We'll see how it works out. This week is a test drive.

No comments: