Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Thursday, November 6, 2008

It's getting to be about that time...

After writing my post yesterday, I went on a hunt to see what was the potential days group runs would be for marathon training programs at some local running stores. I was pleasantly surprised to find that both stores had recently updated their sites with information about their training programs! One store is even having their first informational meeting on November 19th. I'm so freakin' excited! Both programs start at the beginning of January. Hopefully the other store will have an informational meeting as well.

I do know that one store has their group runs on Tuesdays and Saturdays, and the other has theirs on Wednesdays and Saturdays. I'm going to go talk to some people at a Scuba diving place that Jennie recommended and when I figure out what other activity I want to participate in, then I can decide what group to join.

Another deciding factor will be proximity. The store that runs on Tuesdays is just down the street from my apartment...5 minute drive. The store that runs on Wednesdays is about 15-20 minutes away, but they have 3 locations in the Cincinnati area, so I'm interested to hear where their runs take place each week. If they are all at the main location, I will probably go with the Tuesday store just due to the fact that I will be able to sleep longer on Saturday mornings! I like the other store better though, so I'm torn. Ahhh...decisions, decisions.

I have time to figure that all out. Right now I need to focus on getting through this 10K. I opted to sleep this morning instead of running 2 miles. No big deal...I just added an additional weekly run into my schedule and I'm going to call it an "optional" run since it wasn't in my original plan. I am going to go lift today and take Keifer for a walk. Maybe I'll do my run tomorrow morning. Or I'll sleep. Either way I win!

No comments: