Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Soreness

My body hurts today. I'm tired. I just want to sleep for about 10 hours...but that's not possible unless I start going to bed at 7 pm. I think it's the time change...it has my internal clock all out of sorts.

I ran with Keifer this morning...2.75 miles. He actually did pretty well. He was much more calm...and actually was rather slow-moving. He trailed me most of the time. I think he's not been feeling well lately. He had two accidents last night at dog school, and he hasn't had an accident in months. But he survived the morning run. I'm sure he'll be sleeping a lot today. I'll take him for a short walk this evening.

I'm looking around for new, fun activities to do. I'm giving some serious thought to scuba diving. I am going to start saving up money for this, as it tends to be an expensive hobby at first to buy all the gear and classes. I'm hoping I can talk Eric into joining me. Hopefully he can fit it into his schedule and he's willing to spend the money as well. If not, I may just do it by myself. I need to find activities to fill my evenings. Dog school is now finished, and bowling is going to end in December. I'm going to have 5 free weeknights and now that Eric is moving far away, I'm going to have a lot of alone time. Granted, once marathon training begins in January, that will take up at least one of my weeknight evenings, but that still leaves 4. I figure I can pick up one or two new activities. I've been thinking about taking German language classes as well. Eric and I have always talked about going to Germany some day, and he knows some of the language, so I should probably learn it as well!

Oh, and just a Thanksgiving update: It's official! I can participate in the Thanksgiving day run! I think my Thanksgiving weekend and running will look like this:
Thursday- Run in the race, head up to Centerville for Eric's family Thanksgiving (potentially)
Friday- no run, Shop with Eric's family for after-Thanksgiving day sales
Saturday- Run 3 miles, head to Indy to spend time with my parents w/ dogs and all
Sunday- short run/walk, Thanksgiving with dad's side of family, home to Cincy

It will be a busy weekend, that's for sure! Luckily, I have Wednesday off from school, and Monday and Tuesday should be pretty easy days due to it being professional development days. So that whole week should be good. I'm going to go sign up for the Thanksgiving Day race right now!

No comments: