I should be getting all packed up for a 70 mile ride right now…but this was NOT in the forecast!
What the heck? Yes, I realize that come time for Ironman Louisville, I will be riding rain or shine. But I am not willing to put myself through 70 miles of being soaked and worried about whether or not my bike is going to slip out from underneath me on a 3% downhill!
I really should’ve taken a look at this elevation chart before signing up for this ride. Was I crazy??? A 4% climb at the end. Here’s Ironman Louisville’s elevation chart for comparison (Ironman Louisville is considered pretty hilly)…
Uh yeah…slight difference. Today’s would-be ride makes the Ironman course look like a piece of cake.
So, I think today I’m going to get a run in later after the storm passes (it’s currently raining and thundering as I write this). And then tomorrow I’ll get a long ride in. I’m heading over to www.mapmyride.com right now to map out a 70 miler so as to not cheat myself. I guarantee it won’t have any 4% climbs though!
No comments:
Post a Comment