Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Sunday, July 18, 2010

60 miles of hills

Well..today was a first – I had to call Eric and have him come pick me up and end my ride early because my legs were trashed.  Granted, I still got just under 60 miles in…but there were some tough hills I encountered today!

image

Reminder – Ironman Louisville’s profile:

[image[11].png]

There is definitely a lot more color variance in today’s ride, so I think I did well with getting some good hills in my ride today!

image

I was close to finishing my loop, but I just couldn’t stomach any more hills. 

Anyways, I had a riding buddy for the first 28 miles!

DSCN1640

Taking a break!

It was so nice to have someone with me, even if it was for less than the total ride.  I am really tired of riding alone, and I tend to psych myself out when I’m left to my own thoughts.  I was able to talk Eric into joining me for part of the ride because we were riding right past his parent’s place, so he could head there and get a ride home from his dad (who was coming to his house to work on the shed anyways). 

Sadly, we did come to the point where we parted ways.  So long, Eric!

DSCN1641

It was just me and the road.  And hills.  Lots of hills. 

Oh, and geese…a geese crossing of sorts.

DSCN1642

And then it all went downhill (figuratively, not literally).  I just felt like it was a never-ending fight up to the top of a hill.  But I got 60 miles in and I’m alive to tell the tale.  I am also alive to get a massage tomorrow – which I will be doing at 4:00.  My legs and lower back need some lovin’.  I think last weekend did them in and I don’t have time to sit around waiting for them to fully recover.  I have 6 weeks left until D-Day!  EEEEK!

No comments: