You may or may not have noticed that in the past two weeks I have dramatically dropped my swim mileage. Well, on the plan that I am using from “Start to Finish: Ironman Training” there is a heavy emphasis on the swimming. So much so, that I was starting to get a little burnt out on the pool and training had just started!
I’ve decided to start looking at some other training plans to see if I like the other swimming portions better. The past two weeks I have been doing the swim workouts from the plan I purchased on www.trainingpeaks.com.
I’m also going to look at a few plans online, such as the plan I had been using prior to my current plan starting from http://www.trifuel.com/triathlon/ironman-workouts/
We’ll see what I’d be looking at with that and how it fits in my schedule. I might do a hodge-podge of training plans for my swim workouts.
I’m one of the lucky ones who finds the swim to be easy. If I had to go swim 2.4 miles today, I could pull it off with no problems. I might be wiped afterwards because I haven’t trained for a distance that long, but it’s not a distance that worries me or keeps me up at night. So, I’m not going to be too upset if I go a little light on the swim portion of training. Anything I can do to free up time for cycling and running and still managing to function on a daily basis works for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment