Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Saturday, March 20, 2010

An Outdoor Attempt

Eric and I decided to forgot the route I had mapped out because it was rather hilly and we figured it wasn’t the best way to start the cycling season! 

So, we loaded the bikes in the car and headed to the Little Miami Scenic Trail to get in a nice, flat ride. 

(This picture obviously isn’t from today considering all the greenery….but it’s the area we started our ride in.)

I wore my bike shorts and long sleeve jersey thinking that would be sufficient.  Boy was I wrong!  We started out on our ride and right away I knew I was severely underdressed.  My fingers were freezing, my legs were burning because of the cold, and my arms were cold even though they were covered. 

I’m heading to the bike shop this afternoon to pick up some full-fingered gloves and to check out what other cold-weather clothing they have to purchase. 

We ended up getting a 30 minute ride in, which is obviously nowhere near the 2 hours I was supposed to do.  So, I’m throwing it on the schedule for tomorrow.  The plan is to get at least 1.5 hours in on the bike plus a 50 minute run plus weights.  It’s going to be a lot of working out, but it needs to get done!

No comments: