Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sticking to Goals

I had a goal this week and it was to get in all my scheduled workouts.  The past two weeks I have been lazy and unmotivated.  I knew it was time to cut that out and get to it.  It’s tough – I had a rough day at work today and the whole drive home I was contemplating just sitting in front of the tv all afternoon and evening and feeling sorry for myself.  But I snapped out of that and told myself that a good bike would relieve some of the stress.  Which of course, it did.  I also got my first decent swim in since about 2.5 weeks ago.  The past two days have looked like this:

image

Tomorrow I’m heading to the gym to do weights and elliptical and then the ultimate goal is to head out for my first outdoor run since the beginning of January.  Nothing major – just 20 minutes.  But I have to start somewhere. 

In terms of work, it’s been rough lately.  It’s a very busy time of the school year with lots of stuff due and there’s some people really grating on my nerves lately.  I’m going to Chicago next week for a School Psychology conference, and I am really looking forward to getting out of here for a few days!  I need a vacation before I snap.

I just need to get through two more days and then I get a little mini-vacation (in the form of a weekend) before a short week at work next week!

No comments: