Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Weekend Workouts

To kick off the weekend (and blow off some work week stress), I hit the pool for a 40 minute swim.  My workout consisted of:

600 easy warm-up

3 x 500 Loco Swim (1 length easy, 1 length hard, 2 lengths easy, 2 lengths hard, 3 lengths easy, 3 lengths hard, 4 lengths easy, 4 lengths hard)  30 seconds rest in between each 500

4 x 75 cooldown, 10 seconds rest in between each 75

Total yards:  2400

Today I hopped on the indoor trainer for a bike workout.  My goal was to break 60 minutes on the bike…the indoor trainer can be not so much fun at times.  My butt starts to hurt and it can get pretty hot not having the wind in your face.  I cracked a window and got to work while watching the movie Waitress. 

My cycling workout consisted of:

20:00 gearing pyramid (6:00 at 60%, move up a gear for 5:00, move up a gear for 4:00, move up a gear for 3:00, move up a gear for 2:00 and be at 75% at the end)

2 x 3:00 single leg spinning (20 seconds per leg with 10 seconds for switching legs, 3 times) 30 seconds active rest between each 3:00

3 mile ride at 75%

2 x 3:00 single leg spinning

20:00 reverse gearing pyramid (same as before but moving down a gear each time and decreasing % of max. HR)

Total amount of time on bike – 65:00 (yippee!)

I’m off to get ready…Eric and I are going to hit up the bookstore for some design inspiration for his family room and then we’re going to see Avatar. 

Tomorrow on the schedule I have church, a 3000 yard swim, and the Colts game!  Go Colts!

No comments: