I was lurking around the 2009 IMKY forums and came across this scary post:
IMKY 2008 Numbers
2,644 registered
1,975 starters
669 DNS (25.3%)
1,793 finishers
182 DNF (9.2%)
DNS + DNF = 851 (32.2%)
Net % finishers: 67.8%
If that’s not enough motivation to get my butt in gear in the new year, I don’t know what is. I have put way too much money in to this thing to be one of those DNS (Did Not Start) or DNF (Did Not Finish)!
Another post following that one:
I hope people will look at these numbers and realize that making it to the starting line is 90% of the battle. An IM journey is about the training...the actual race is cake compared to the preparation.
It’s all about the training….the actual race is only one day following months and months of training. I need to begin preparing myself now…body, mind, everything…in order to get myself to the starting line!
2010 Ironman Louisville Tentative Goals:
Besides finishing, I’ve been contemplating what sorts of times I’d like to shoot for that are realistic. I’m not the type to get too caught up in my goals, and it certainly won’t take away from the experience if I don’t meet my goals (as long as I finish), but I like to set goals to have something to think about while I train and race. So, without further ado, here are my tentative goals for Ironman Louisville 2010:
| Sport | Goal | Total Time |
| Swim | 1:45 | 1:45 |
| T1 | :08 | 1:53 |
| Bike | 7:00 | 8:53 |
| T2 | :10 | 9:03 |
| Run | 6:00 | 15:03 |
I’ve written these goals down and they are posted so I see them every day. I just want to keep IMKY on my mind every day until August.
No comments:
Post a Comment