Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Finding the Motivation

I have a bike on my schedule today…and a new movie to watch while doing it.  But right now I’m sitting on the couch catching up on some Law and Order: SVU on the DVR while watching Keifer go in and out of his crate for no reason…

DSCN1391

Crazy dog.  He hates his crate (probably because it is so small – no worries, he’s never in it anymore), but he’s been spending some time sitting in it lately doing who knows what. 

Anyways, I was supposed to go for a swim yesterday, but that didn’t happen because I decided I’d rather eat some ice cream on the couch.  Some days you just need to eat some ice cream.  I’m going to make the swim up either this evening or tomorrow. 

I will definitely get a bike in today.

I would’ve done it earlier, but I ran some errands with Eric and then went to lunch and bowling with Renee.  I’m just a little tired now from all the excitement. 

I haven’t written in a few days, but if you’ve noticed on my training plan spreadsheet, I actually did some running this past Wednesday!  I was walking on the dreadmill at the gym and when I hit 1.5 miles I decided to give running a shot.  I didn’t push it too much in fear of aggravating my knee, but I ran .5 miles and had absolutely no knee pain!  I’m contemplating giving running another go, but I worry that I’m pushing it too much.  I have to start my Ironman training with no injuries…so that means staying injury-free until March 15.  I figure if I do some running mixed with lots of walking on the treadmill once or twice a week I should be fine.

Bike today, swim and bike tomorrow.

image

Ready, go!

No comments: