The holidays have taken their toll…
And the dogs aren’t the only ones strugglin’….yes, I am included in that group! I have not run since the one mile I did while in Indy. And I have no motivation to get out there and do any more. Give me some credit, though..I did about an hour of workouts yesterday at Eric’s.
It has just been so gross and cold outside…there’s been snow on the ground and ice on the streets. It just doesn’t make running that appealing. On top of that, I’ve had a dentist and doctor’s appointment in the morning, and by the time I get my errands run and get home, I’m done for the day. Tomorrow I have another doctor’s appointment (I get all my yearly appointments done in one week due to my work schedule), but it isn’t until 12:45, so the plan is to get up in the morning and get some form of a run in before hand. I may also try to get a workout in today, but no running.
Some may be concerned with my ability to finish a marathon with the lack of running I’ve been doing. You know what, I’m not too concerned with it. If I can’t finish it, I can’t finish it…at least I got a trip to Birmingham out of it! I know at this point that I can run at least 14 miles with no problems, so that probably means I can run a lot longer with no problems. The good news is I will have a whole month to recover before I start marathon training.
I’ll get more long runs in before the marathon. No concerns yet. So I missed one long run…I’ll have my shot at another long run this weekend. No worries. I’ll get it done!
No comments:
Post a Comment