I’m back in Cincinnati after an nice Thanksgiving holiday. Thursday was spent eating the traditional Thanksgiving fare with my parents and grandma and a nap was taken in the middle of the afternoon. My mom and I watched Rachel Getting Married Thursday night, which was a good movie. Friday I had intentions of getting my long run in, but it was below freezing and very windy outside, so I changed my mind very quickly on that one! Friday was spent on some shopping (avoiding every mall though, at all costs!) and going to see 2012 with my parents. Good movie, if you like that whole end-of-the-world thing!
Yesterday morning I sucked it up and headed out for my 10 mile run at 6:00 a.m. Very early and very dark. Luckily there wasn’t much wind, but it was definitely still below freezing! I can handle that, though. Unfortunately, this run was not my best, and I wanted to quit a number of times throughout the 10 miles. I actually turned around during mile 3, only to promptly turn back in the opposite direction forcing myself to go forward. I got the 10 miles in, but it wasn’t pretty. I did an incredible amount of walking and I walked most of the last mile because of pain in my right Achilles. I guess we all have off weeks, right? The important thing is I got the miles in, which is the most important thing in getting to the marathon finish line. I believe I’m doing 10 miles again next weekend, so it will be my chance at redemption! Anyways, here’s my stats:
Mile 1 – 10:15
Mile 2- 10:41
Mile 3 – 10:58
Mile 4 – 10:39
Mile 5 – 10:44
Mile 6 – 10:45
Mile 7 – 10:36
Mile 8 – 10:27
Mile 9 – 10:44
Mile 10 – 12:20
Average – 10:48/mile
Max. speed – 7:45/mile
Total time – 1:47:04
1122 calories burned
Eric and I are heading out to watch the Bengals and Colts game. No Colts game on tv here, so we have to hit up a place for their NFL ticket. Back to work tomorrow, unfortunately. Eric’s heading out of town on work-related business for most of the week and I’m in charge of dog-sitting. Instead of bringing Nutmeg to my apartment for the week and going insane again with two dogs, I’m going to stay at Eric’s while he’s gone and do some house-sitting as well :). The dogs will be much happier!
No comments:
Post a Comment