Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Monday, November 2, 2009

Dog-less for the Week

Eric’s dog-sitting this week.  I have a ton of reports to write for work and I’m going to work on getting them all done for the rest of November and then Keifer will be back at my apartment next week.  I just don’t have time to take him running or to the dog park, so it’s nice that Eric is willing to house him for a few days!

Because of all the report writing I will be doing, my goal is to get my runs done in the morning before work, which is going to take major will-power on my part.  There’s just something about waking up at 4:15-4:30 to go run in the cold that isn’t too appealing.  But it’s just for this week.  I can handle it.  I can’t skip my runs this week because I have a half-marathon this weekend!

I’m not really gunning to break 2 hours anymore, but a PR would be nice.  I think I can swing it.  I’m going to line up with the 9:45/mile pace group and see how long I can hang. Hopefully I can hold on until the last 5k and then I’ll give it all I’ve got.  PR here I come!  We’ll see what I can do.

No comments: