Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Fun Times with Friends and Future Plans

Blogging has been difficult lately!  I had a great time in Akron with the girls….it was great all being back together again.  Some karaoking occurred, as well as a trip to a winery and a nice dinner out.  Good times.

I was wrong about what’s coming up…this coming weekend is not Indy, it’s actually Halloween.  I’m planning on heading up to Eric’s for trick or treating since I won’t get any kids at my apartment.  Then Cindy and Kevin are having a party, which we will attend.  My costume is nothing exciting…I’m having a year of not wanting to be creative.  I have those every few years.

Running has been going well, I suppose…at least it’s been going.  This weekend I was supposed to run 6-8 miles and only ended up doing 4 since I was not in a known area.  I got to run by some gigantic houses, which was fun!  I was starting to feel a little sick, so the run wasn’t great…but I squeaked out the 4 miles.  Yesterday I ran 3 miles and it was a piece of cake.  I was feeling much better as well.  Tomorrow there’s another run on the schedule.

Getting to the gym to lift has been rather difficult lately, so I’ve been trying to squeeze some 30 Day Shred in to my schedule at least twice a week.  It’s something I can do at my apartment and get it done in less than 30 minutes.  Just the way I like it!  I did it on Friday for the first time in a while and I was definitely sore all weekend!

I called Cycle Sport today to see if they had received the fitting bike yet, which they haven’t.  The guy on the phone told me to call in about a week and I can hopefully get an appointment scheduled.  I’m excited that it’s finally going to be time to start looking for my new bicycle! 

Next week is already November…March is quickly approaching, which means training is quickly approaching!  It’s been nice to kind of take it easy, which I plan to continue on doing until March…but I’m trying to figure out what races I can participate in so I can keep my physical fitness level at a respectable place. 

Have I mentioned how much I love fall?  Oh, wait, I have???  Well, I love it and my apartment smells like pumpkin due to the pumpkin pancakes I cooked up for breakfast tomorrow.  Yummy!

No comments: