Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Frustration?

The title is “questioned” because I can’t really pick out a word to describe it….but basically, my thoughts right now are:

Is it wrong of me to be frustrated/selfish/other words I can’t think of right now that a bunch of people in the “blog world” are talking about doing a Half Ironman like it’s just another day in the park?

I mean, don’t get me wrong…I think it’s great that people want to get involved in triathlon…and completing a Half Ironman is an awesome experience.  But I trained for an entire summer for that thing and it took a lot of blood (or road rash), sweat, and tears to do that thing.  Nothing anyone should take lightly, for sure!

I know I’m crazy…and probably selfish.  I’m an only child…it’s in my nature.

I guess it’s just one more reason to do an Ironman.  A Half Ironman just seems so “commercial” now :). (I kid)

T-5 months until training starts!

I really need to start seriously looking in to a bike.

No comments: