Chicago was a good time. I got to see Brooke, I was able to show Eric around Chicago, we ate some delicious Chicago deep dish pizza, and we even carved pumpkins!
Unfortunately, we took Eric’s camera with us when we went into town on Saturday, so most of the pictures are up at his place. I’ll post all of those this weekend.
Running has been going well. I did absolutely no running over the weekend (we woke up early both mornings), but I’m making up for it this week!
I ran 3 miles with Keifer yesterday and 2 miles today. The plan is to run another 3 miles tomorrow. Then it’s an 11 miler this weekend. This is my longest run before the half marathon, which I haven’t even signed up for. After this weekend I’ll bite the bullet and sign up. And honestly, if I can just get in at least 10 miles I’ll be happy. I know I can make it the full 13. Whether I can do it in PR fashion is yet to be determined…but I’ll finish.
Then I’ll be left with the questions…now what? I was contemplating that today on my run. I have until March to stay in shape before Ironman training starts. The temps are quickly dropping (the high was below 50 degrees today) and my motivation will start to wane for running unless I figure out something to train for. A marathon? Another half marathon? I don’t know.
It’s time to do some race research this weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment