Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Monday, September 14, 2009

My Achin’ Legs!

I attempted a run today…supposed to be 4 miles.  I squeaked out 3 miles of running and walked the last .25 miles. 

It really needs to cool off outside!  I was dripping sweat after about a mile. 

But the main reason I didn’t get the whole run in is because my legs were dog tired.  I could feel all 130 of those miles this weekend on every step of my run.

So, I’m ok with starting off small.  I’ll attempt a 5 mile run on Wednesday.  Tomorrow at the gym I’m planning on doing some walking on the treadmill to loosen the legs up some more. 

I’m confident I can start to get the mileage up some more.  It’s just going to take some time!

No comments: