Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Monday, August 24, 2009

The legs are feeling fresh

Even after a weekend full of activity, my legs felt surprisingly fresh this morning on my quick 2 mile run.  Today was a rest day on the schedule, so I didn’t want to do anything crazy….just an easy 2 miler to get the legs moving.  It felt good.

Work was crazy today.  I’m tired and I think I’m fighting a small bout of vertigo.  I kept my overhead lights off all day today and just used my two office lamps, which made things a little dark…but it helped with the dizziness, so it worked.  I’m hoping I can kick this with just a little extra sleep or something.

The plan for the rest of the week:

Tuesday- 60 minute bike after work

Wednesday- 45 minute bike before work on the trainer, swim after work (first swim since the accident!)

Thursday- 4 mile run before work

Friday- Continuous swim for 1500  yards after work

Saturday- 90 minute bike

Sunday – 8 mile run

It’s taper week #1!  And it couldn’t have come at a better time.  Work is becoming time consuming and I am exhausted!

No comments: