Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Back Home Again In Indiana

We’re currently sitting around Eric’s house, waiting for the Terminex people to come sometime between 8 and 10.  If they get here early enough, we’re going to head down to Findlay Market before we have to leave for Indy.  I’m keeping my fingers crossed they get here asap (it’s 8:30 already, though, so I’m not too hopeful).  We might try to make a break for it even if they don’t show up until 10. 

The plan is to leave here at noon, head to downtown Indy to pick up my race packet, and then head up to my parent’s house.  This afternoon we’re going out to dinner with my grandma.  Then it’s time for sleep!

My mom called me yesterday to tell me that they had a story about the triathlon on the local news.  The race sold out with 1200 participants.  I think the largest triathlon I’ve participated in had about 750 participants.  This should be fun!

I’m excited!  The bike is flat, the run is flat, the starting time is pretty early so hopefully I can beat most of the heat, and the swim is a point-to-point, which I’ve never done before! 

I’ll try to get a race report up on Sunday evening when I get back to Cincinnati!

No comments: