I definitely needed this recovery week after this past weekend’s triathlon, but I think I’m becoming lazy. I got a 30 minute run in this morning with Keifer and I hit the pool this afternoon for 4 x 300 (300 easy, 300 kick, 300 easy, 300 pull). I’m supposed to do a 30 minute bike tomorrow, but I think I may skip that to let my back have just one more day’s worth of rest. I will do the bike on Friday though (45 minutes). Eric and I are heading up to Centerville tomorrow for the entire weekend because his sister, brother in law, and nephew from California are coming to town for the first time in a year. So we’re all going to hang out this weekend. Eric is going to bring his bike as well, so we’ll ride together on Friday.
I figure it doesn’t matter what order I do things in as long as I take enough rest days and get it all done!
I mapped out my Half Ironman bike route today on mapmyride.com just to get an idea of what the hills might be like, if any.
The website says the elevation minimum is 581 ft and the maximum is 778 ft. I looked back at a ride I did a couple months ago that I felt was particularly hilly at times and the minimum was 630 and the maximum was 873…so a little more change in elevation on that one, but not much different. Good thing I have lots of hills to train on around here!
I know Ironman Wisconsin 2010 isn’t for a long time from now (note countdown at top of blog) and I haven’t even signed up for it yet (can’t do that until Ironman Wisconsin 2009 has taken place), but my mind is still racing with different thoughts about it. My current thoughts are on hiring a coach. Should I hire a coach? I’m thinking I may just pay for online coaching…a program to set up my training schedule and will allow me to switch days around if I need to. I don’t need someone “coaching” me, I’m not that serious about how I finish. I just want to finish. I feel like having a coach in person would be too much pressure for me. I like to do things on my own time, in my own way. I think I’m going to start looking in to online coaching programs to see what options I have. I’m going to have to start training for Ironman in the beginning of 2010, so I better get my ducks in a row before that time comes!
No comments:
Post a Comment