I got my hairs cut yesterday!
Before
After
I hadn’t gotten a haircut since February, so it was way overdue!
Anyways, yesterday was basically a mini-triathlon throughout the day. First, I started off with a run. I’m trying something new: Run/Walk intervals. I don’t like the whole idea, because “back in the day” I could run long distances with no walking. But, that was then…this is now, with knee issues and the desire to go longer than 2 miles. So, I’m attempting run/walk intervals and I’m having some success with them. Yesterday I did 2 miles…4 minutes of run followed by 1 minute walk. I have to say, keeping my eye on my watch was pretty annoying (so I remedied that by ordering an interval clock that will vibrate to tell me when the intervals are over…simple solution). But I made it 2 miles with no pain. I relish in small successes!
After the run, I did some random stuff like plan some stuff to do in Hocking Hills this weekend. We’re heading out there with a bunch of friends and I’ve planned a 6 mile hike and a 2-3 hour kayak trip. Might as well stay active!
I headed to the pool for a swim and water run. I was feeling good! I did:
2x500 swim with 10 minutes of pool running after each one
1x750 swim
The 750 felt great! I’m becoming much more confident about my ability to do the Olympic Distance Tri. In fact, I think I may sign up for it today. Then there’s no turning back!
After the swim I headed over to Cycle Sport to get my bike refitted, figure out why I couldn’t clip in to my new peddles, and get my bike spoke replaced. We ended up putting the old stem back on my bike and I was reimbursed for the new one that wasn’t a good fit. I finally was able to consistently clip in to my peddles. And I had to leave my bike to get the spoke replaced because my wheel is out of true and they said it would take a day or two. So, unfortunately, I wasn’t able to ride today, which I had planned on doing. Maybe tomorrow?
So, I did all three sports: run, swim, bike. Not in the correct order, but it was a triathlon of a day.
This morning I woke up and did 3 miles with the run/walk intervals. I was able to complete the 3 miles in 31 minutes…which means I was doing just a little over 10 minute miles. I must have been moving it! So, maybe from now on I’ll just stick with the intervals and start working my way up.
I changed my event calendar around and I think I have all my events figured out pending any injuries or just plain tiredness. I am going to forgo the half marathon in August and try to train for one in November instead of doing a marathon. Maybe marathons just aren’t my thing…at least this year. Maybe I’ll do the Pig again next year and call it a day. Also, after speaking with some people at Cycle Sport who do Ironmans, I think next year I’m going to focus my efforts on a Half Ironman. There is one the first weekend of August up in Michigan that looks appealing. So, that will be my new focus. Depending on how that goes, maybe an Ironman will be in my future!
Eric and I discussed doing a Century ride (100 miles) this summer. There is a ride up in Findlay called the Horizontal Hundred which bills itself as a good first-century attempt. The Tour de Donut is that Saturday, which is a fun ride that I don’t want to miss out on and is only 30 miles…so maybe Eric and I can drive up to do that ride, then drive up to Findlay to campout Saturday night in order to get up and do the Century on Sunday. I’ll have to discuss this with him to see if he’s up for it. I think we can handle it!
Oh, and to update on the 30-Day Shred:
I began Level 2 yesterday. My butt is so sore today! Luckily it didn’t affect my running. I think it’s the pendulum lunges that got me. I did all my lunges and squats pretty modified today because of the combo of a sore butt and bad knees. My shoulders are pretty sore as well. But today was much easier than yesterday was. I hope I see a difference in my measurements come July 6!
Well, I’m off to go research some half-marathon training plans and maybe add a few more events to my events calendar. It’s going to be a busy last half of 2009!
To end this post, a picture of the dogs:
1 comment:
Your haircut is SO cute! LOVE it!
Post a Comment