Yum…I love breakfast for dinner!
Dinner tonight was some Heart Healthy pancakes, a little bit of scrambled eggs, a Morningstar Sausage Link, and some bananas, peaches, and pineapple. I really wanted to try the sausage links, and Eric was so kind as to indulge me in this. I will never get them again though….I found them rather unappealing and only ate half of it. Luckily Eric is like a garbage disposal and takes in anything, so he threw some ketchup on them and ate 4 of them plus my leftover half. Other than that, it was a good meal!
I might as well just work backwards on my day. Before dinner I spent a couple hours at my apartment’s pool with Jennie. I’m a little crispy as a result. After the pool I had a little snack.
This was my first time having the peanut butter and jelly bar, and when I threw it in my purse on my way out the door, I forgot that it was a highly meltable item. After being in the sun for 2 hours, the peanut butter bottom was completely melted…which resulted in an ooey, gooey mess. It was delicious!
It was a nice afternoon though and I even got 10 minutes of pool running in! While at the pool, I called the bike store to see if my bike was ready yet. I’m DYING to get it back so I can head out for a ride before we head to Hocking Hills this weekend! So I called and they told me that it wasn’t going to get worked on until tomorrow. WHAT??? The person told me 1-2 days. Today’s the second day. My receipt does say it will be done tomorrow, though…bummer. I guess I’ll just ride on Friday. So sad.
I did have something arrive in the mail for me today.
A cover case for my new computer! Now I can transport my computer with me without it getting scratched. I was hoping this would come before I leave for Vegas next week!
Before the pool I went to the grocery store to get some fresh produce and ingredients for a Lemon Tart recipe I have. I wanted to go to Jungle Jim’s, but I was really craving a salad for lunch. Jungle Jim’s has a great produce section and pretty much any random food you can think of, including an olive bar, a pickle bar, and a salsa bar, yet they don’t have a salad bar. Weird. So in order to satisfy my salad bar craving, I was forced to settle for Kroger. Here’s half of my salad….I already ate the couple bits of tuna salad and .5 cup of cottage cheese I had. I forgot to take a picture because I was so hungry!
There’s all sorts of stuff in there. And a little bit of Italian dressing on top. I will be eating these leftovers tomorrow for lunch.
Before lunch I took Keifer out on a 40 minute walk. The humidity here is a killer! I was sweating like a pig by the time I got back. I needed something cold and refreshing, and I needed it stat!
I had a cup of chocolate milk and some applesauce-type thingies. Yum!
Before my walk with Keifer I checked my email and saw that my two new purchases are on their way!
The first is my Gymboss which will allow me to program two different intervals and it will vibrate at each interval. Perfect for me so I won’t have to constantly look at my watch while walk/running.
The other purchase:
My first tri top! I really wanted the black one, but they were out of stock, so I purchased the “Spa” one. It’s basically a shirt with a built in bra that I can swim, bike, and run in to avoid having to throw other shirts on and so I don’t have to wear my swimsuit this year with a sports bra underneath. That was ok, but not very comfortable when it came time to run. I’m super excited to get this and I hope it works out well for me for the triathlon on July 5.
Speaking of the triathlon, I attempted to register today, but the online registration wasn’t working. I will make the attempt again tomorrow. I need to get registered so I can’t change my mind!
I’m done writing for now. I have other things running through my head…but I can only write boring things for so long. I should start writing more often to get these thoughts all out.
Tomorrow the plan is to do a run and swim (since biking is once again out of the question…boo). Hopefully my skin de-crispifies so I can put my suit on! I’ve learned my lesson for the summer….I need to wear major sunscreen!
No comments:
Post a Comment