Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Random Tuesday morning Ramblings

I'll try to catch up this morning, but Keifer is currently pawing at me and growling (who knows why). I'm trying to distract him with a rawhide. Keifer loves him some rawhide!



Anyways...I'm still walking my little butt off and keeping my fingers crossed for the day that I can run again! Keifer and I went out for a 2 mile walk this morning. I was intending on doing 4 miles, but I didn't get home until late last night. Eric's neighbors invited us over for dinner, which was delicious. They were a very nice, retired couple and very gracious to have us over for a wonderful meal.

I went to the running store on Sunday to have someone check that I am in the correct type of shoes. The employee watched me run for not even 3 seconds before she said, "Oh yeah, you're fine!". So, I left the running store with one of these bad boys:



It's a flotation belt that old ladies wear during aquaaerobics....and, I have found out from various websites I've been reading, it's also a flotation device for people who want to run in the water for rehab and cardio purposes. So, I purchased one, and come Memorial Day, I will be buying a membership to the Blue Ash Rec Center and I'm going to give this bad boy a spin. I've read that it is super boring, but it does the trick. And it this point, since I am unable to run, I'll try anything!

Basically, you just run in the water. You don't really go anywhere, but it's a good workout. We'll see how it goes.

The plan for today is to go to work, which is going to be another super boring day because we're doing school-wide assessments....basically I am doing short assessments over and over again with different kids. It's mind-numbing and extremely tiring. After work I'm planning on getting a bike ride in (who knows how long) and taking Keifer to the dog park. I don't want to have to look at this all afternoon:

"Play with me, Mom!"


No comments: