So...on to the running news. I went on my typical 4 mile walk with crazy boy this morning and decided to give the running legs a spin. My knee hasn't bothered me at all for quite a few days now, so I had high hopes. Out of the 4 miles that I was out this morning, I ran about a mile of it...with no pain! I didn't push it too much just in case, and I split the running up between two times, so that probably helped. But I'm just excited that I was able to run for a little bit, pain-free. I'm not going to attempt any running tomorrow, but I'm thinking about doing a short run in between a longer walk this weekend.
Due to Keifer becoming more than a handful with the growling and barking directed towards me, I'm going to start looking into some options for obedience training targeting the specific things I need to work on. So no group classes, but a personal trainer of sorts. For now, I am merely trying to manage him. I took him to the dog park on Tuesday, but obviously it wasn't a long enough trip because he came home and was still crazy. So, today we stayed 2 hours instead of one and I think it may have done the trick. I'm currently sitting in bed and he's laying in between my legs, and my computer is resting on his back. Here are some pictures from the dog park of the crazy man...
He starts "plopping" on the ground about one hour into our visit. This is how I was tricked last time into thinking his energy was gone. Little did I know...
This is in the car on the way home. Notice my large smile...and then notice the tired look on Keifer's face. Victory!
The pool in my apartment complex is filled and ready to go, which makes me so excited. I'm looking forward to giving my AquaJogger for a spin, which I will try to do this weekend...probably Monday with all of my other plans.
I'll try to take pictures this weekend of all the fun stuff I do. I don't know who even reads this...but if anything, I am able to look back fondly on these things. And it motivates me to take more pictures, which is something I often forget to do!
Happy Memorial Day Weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment