Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

It'll be like having a brand new bike!

I'm getting a bike fitting tomorrow afternoon! I'm really excited. I have high hopes that it will make me feel like I have purchased a brand new bike. I also have high hopes that it will help get rid of the lower back pain I have to deal with on longer rides.

I made the mistake of going in to a bike shop last week just to look. I promise my intentions were only to look! But of course, I got sucked in by the sparkly, fancy schmancy fast bicycles and wanted one. So now I've gone to three different bike shops and thought about my finances and contemplated getting a new bike. But instead, I am settling for a professional bike fitting and holding off on that new bike. My current bike is only a year old! I know what size bike I would get if I were to purchase a new one, so I'm going to just keep my eyes peeled on craigslist for anything in my size. If I could get a $2,500 bike for under $1,000 then that would be a good deal! I also contemplated getting a tri-bike, but you can't really ride those unless you are out in the middle of nowhere with no traffic. Maybe if I start taking on longer triathlon distances (which I've been throwing around in my crazy little head), I would benefit from a tri-bike...but for now, I'll stick with my road bike.

In other news, I've been running reaaaaly slow in the morning for a few minutes here and there. No pain...but like I said, I'm running super slow. What do I do? Do I run through the pain, do I give up on running? Maybe it's time to schedule that ortho appointment. Or I'll just wait until after school is out because it's a crazy time for me...and that way I could just go at whatever time they have openings.

For now I'll just bike....with my soon-to-be "brand new" bike!

No comments: