Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Monday, May 25, 2009

A great weekend...and now I'm sick!

What a wonderful weekend I just had. Not only did I have a wonderful time (and wonderful food), but I got the lovely gift of an awful cold. It all started on Saturday evening with a sore throat, which turned into a bunch of congestion, and only got worse from there. I slept about 12 hours last night, and I'm planning on getting a lot of sleep again tonight, so hopefully that will all help. Eric graciously took Keifer again for two days so I can try to recover asap!

Anyways, the weekend was great! Saturday we did the disappointing farmer's market thing, and then it was snack time. Eric and I picked up a small loaf of banana bread at Jungle Jim's and I had some pumpkin butter from Trader Joe's. It was a great combination.



For lunch, I made this yummy meal:



Eric made his look all fancy



In all honesty, I can't take credit for the delicious grilled veggie sandwiches. My friend Cindy made them last Wednesday for dinner with the girls, and they were so good I had to try to re-create them! Mine weren't as good as hers, but they were still good. I blame the fact that I'm currently working with a very small travel grill until Eric gets a normal sized one. In order to keep the grill clean, we cook everything on foil...which doesn't really produce the same "grilled" results. It was still good though...and I got Eric's approval!

Saturday evening we went out on Bill's dad's boat with Jennie, Bill, Bill's dad, and Jennie's mom. The boat is awesome and it was such a beautiful evening for a boat ride! We had lots of snacks and road around for a few hours before docking for a late dinner. It was a good time!




Sunday started with a 30 mile bike ride up to Eric's parent's house in Centerville. The ride took about 3 hours because we stopped for a few short breaks. We hadn't rode anything over 10 miles in one day, so 30 miles was kind of a leap. But we made it in one piece and the weather was great for the ride! Then we had a cookout at Eric's parents' house. I got a ride back home and was pretty lazy the rest of the day (I attribute that to my awful cold). Then the 12 hours of sleep happened, and I awoke to awful congestion and a sore throat. Today for lunch I went all out with trying new food. I called it my "experimental meal". And experimental it was!



On the plate we had some baked tofu, baked rutabaga, mushrooms, avocado, and a fruit and yogurt parfait. The rutabaga was good, and I would definately cook that again. It pretty much tasted like potatoes. The tofu I will not be cooking again. I ate one cube and had some negative feelings about it, and I tried to eat a second cube but I couldn't handle the consistency and had to spit it out. Eric ate it all...but he eats anything if it's edible. At least I can say I gave tofu a try!

Now I'm back at my apartment, getting ready to do some work that I didn't get done last week, and then heading to bed early to try to recover from this cold!

I purchased a new swim suit today so I can start pool running. Unfortunately, the weather is pretty yuck today, so the pool isn't open...but hopefully tomorrow after work I can give it a go! I may try to wake up in the morning to go on a walk...but if I feel sick again tomorrow, I will sleep in if need be.

I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend! I know I did!

No comments: