Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I'll be holding off on the running...

I ran about 10 steps this morning! And then I stopped because my knee hurt. Interestingly enough, my knee did not hurt in the place it normally hurts...instead it was a pain below my knee cap that I've never felt before. So after about 5 seconds of running, I decided to walk. I had been walking...in fact, I walked 2 miles this morning with Keifer. I'm tired of him barking at me every morning, so I thought maybe a walk would help. I was wrong...but it was good to get out for some exercise. I think I'm going to start walking 2 miles with Keifer every morning. I'm a morning person, so getting out of bed and out the door isn't that difficult for me. Plus, it's much easier to walk Keifer in the mornings when there isn't as much traffic than in the afternoon.

But man, my left knee hurts. I'm a little concerned since the pain isn't where it normally is. I'm hoping with another week of rest it will go away.

I was reading a book yesterday about the New York City Marathon. I guess you have to enter a lottery to try to get a spot. I'm going to look into that more. The marathon is in November. So if I didn't get in to the NY marathon, I could just do the Indy marathon. How cool would it be to run a marathon through NYC!!! I'll figure out how to get there and where to stay later. Minor details...minor details!

No comments: