Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I may be slightly overambitious

Well, as you can see from the right side of my blog...I've put a few more events on my schedule.

Granted, most of these events are dependent on me rehabbing my knee in a timely fashion. But I can set goals in the meantime, correct???

I have decided to forgo my goal of completing an Olympic Distance Triathlon this summer in order to focus on training for a half and full marathon in the fall. I can still do sprint-distance triathlons, but the Olympic distance just won't work with my crazy summer schedule.

I've come up with my marathon training plan already, and I'm taking a slightly different training approach this time around...one that involves running 4 days a week instead of just 3. I will allow myself to substitute one of those runs for cross training if I REALLY don't feel like running, but I'm going to shoot for 4 days. The training program I found is a 30 week program, which would've started a few weeks ago with my slated 11/7/2009 marathon, but the program starts with really low mileage, so I'm not too worried about taking some time off and getting a late start on it. In fact, I'm going to start trying to walk today, and then just walking the mileage called for in my plan for the next couple weeks. Today's mileage: 2 miles. So I'm going to walk 2 miles. My legs feel much better today and I think some walking will do them good.

But this fall marathon thing should be interesting. This is going to involve me running during the summer. Have I mentioned that I HATE running during the summer??? Well, I do...so I figured, what better way to push myself than to force myself to run during the summer. I'm sure I will be doing a lot of early morning runs and coming back home to hit the sack for a little mroe sleep :). I'll be able to take Keifer with me on most runs if I do them early enough, which will be nice for both of us.

And I'm going to go ahead and put this out there for everyone to read (who cares). I'm going to lose 15 lbs. before I run that marathon. That will put me at just around 140 lbs. I'm committed to it and I will do it. And it will make running that marathon that much easier!

So, hopefully in a couple weeks my knee will be healed and I will be on my way to training for another marathon. I can't help it! I've caught the marathon bug!!!

No comments: