I'm feeling better than I anticipated today. I got plenty of sleep last night (Eric so kindly took Keifer home with him yesterday so I wouldn't have to deal with him wanting to play and go for walks, etc. It was very helpful!!!). My legs are definitely sore today, but no worse than after that failed 20 mile run....and maybe even less so. The most sore part of my body is my shoulders and upper back. I think those muscles cramped up at some point during the end of the marathon yesterday and they just haven't relaxed yet. I should've signed up for a massage, but I was so scared that I wouldn't be able to finish the marathon that I wouldn't deserve a massage. I should've had more faith in myself. The pain will subside in a day or two. I can handle it.
There is a bone in my left knee that seems to be protruding a little more than the same bone in my right knee. I'm not sure if it's always been like that or if there's a little swelling, but I keep feeling around and I don't feel any pain, so who knows.
I may be crazy, but I've already started looking around for what could possibly be my next marathon. It wasn't so bad...and it didn't leave a bad taste in my mouth. If anything, I am motivated to try it again because I know I can do better! And in the process of training for said marathon, I'd like to do another half marathon in order to break 2 hours. Maybe I'm being overly ambitious and maybe I should wait to see how my knee heals up with my break from running over the next few weeks....but I think I've been bit by the marathon bug. We'll see!
I've been thinking about what to do with this blog. I'd like to continue blogging about my athletic endeavors, mostly for my personal sake so I can look back and see what I was doing at a particular time in training. The name of the blog obviously isn't fitting anymore, since Pigs obviously flew yesterday and I completed the marathon :). Maybe I'll just change the name of this blog and keep it going for anyone who is interested in still reading, which will probably only be my parents. I don't know yet. But for now, I think the entries are going to become more sparse. I won't be doing anything of interest for the next month...except making some possible decisions about future races. I'll update if anything of interest happens. Otherwise, thanks for following along on my journey!
No comments:
Post a Comment