Bad news: My IT band is still irritated and it definitely reared its ugly head while I was running that half of a mile. Well, at least the pain is now consistent.
I walked 4 miles yesterday, rode the bike at my apartment's gym for 30 minutes, and walked another 4 miles this morning. The walking doesn't hurt too bad, it's just the stinkin' running. So, I will take another two weeks off of any running attempts in hopes of some sort of recovery. I'm nervous...what if this is something that I have to deal with over an extended period of time, such as a year or longer? Do I just run through the pain and deal with it, or do I stop running altogether in hopes for a complete recovery? I think, if after two more weeks (which would take me up to June) I still have pain, I'm going to head to the orthopedic physician that the PT recommended to see what he has to say. I just refuse to give up!
I think I need to start adding pictures to this blog. So, for my first picture addition, I present to you...the devil child:
And for my second picture, I present a cute picture of Eric and I:
We're doing a big service project with my church this weekend. My parents are coming down to help out. I'll post before and after pictures when it's all said and done!
Happy Friday!
No comments:
Post a Comment