Eric and I went out for an early morning bike ride today.
Keifer wanted to go with us:
Unfortunately, we had to leave him behind. He wasn't too happy about it. He showed his disapproval with me when we returned.
The ride was good though. I felt much more comfortable on my bike. The shop had to order me a new stem, which should arrive in the next week. That will help out even more because I'm having to reach just a tad bit too far right now.
The roads we road on were nice and traffic-free! It's nice how Eric lives so close to a bunch of back-country roads. It's much better than having to ride in a bunch of traffic and stopping at stoplights all the time. I'm thinking a tri-bike wouldn't be useless to my riding purposes because I could definitely ride it from Eric's house! Maybe I'd keep my tri bike at his place and leave my bike at my apartment, and that way I wouldn't have to keep hauling a bicycle around everywhere with me.
I picked up a book yesterday to read.
Could I possibly complete an Ironman? Ironman Wisconsin is held in September. I'd have to register this September for the race next year because it sells out pretty quickly. If I did a race in September, it would be easier for me because I could use all summer next year to train. The joys of working in schools....lots of free time in the summer.
I'm contemplating it. And I'm sure my mom and dad are falling out of their chairs as they read this.
Anyways, I'm cooking good food again this weekend. Last night, I made grilled portobella mushroom open-faced sandwiches.
The topping on the mushrooms is a mix of red bell peppers, feta, and spices. It was pretty good...very juicy! I also had some cottage cheese with pineapples and a slice of angel food cake with vanilla yogurt and strawberry spread.
Today for lunch I'm making spicy grilled shrimp and grilled asparagus. We'll see how it turns out.
Eric and I are heading to a wedding today for a friend of his from college. It's about an hour away, so not too bad...but I don't think he's going to know anyone there besides the groom, so we probably won't stick around too late.
Just a random picture thrown in here....The beautiful flowers Eric bought me, just because :).
Yellow and orange are great early summer colors! And yes, that does appear to be a gas mask sitting next to the vase. Eric has been sanding drywall in his laundry room/bathroom, and it's his respirator so he doesn't inhale a bunch of drywall dust.
I bought a new laptop to replace my old one which was on the fritz. It's nothing special...the cheapest Dell laptop I could buy, I think. But it will help me do what I want over the summer....blog, read blogs, watch tv shows, and check email. Eric is helping me uninstall all the extra stuff that comes on it already and then I'm going to get my virus protection transferred over. Then I will be all set to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment