So, to procrastinate a little on that thought (the laundry is already in the process of getting done, so no procrastinating on that), I will instead reminisce on what was another great weekend!
After getting back from the bike ride on Saturday morning, I showered and then went to get a pedicure. We were going to a wedding and my toenails had been neglected greatly since way before I ran that marathon!
After my pedi, I came back and made Eric and myself some lunch. On the menu: spicy grilled shrimp and grilled asparagus. Yum!
I love grilled shrimp! And they are so easy to make. I'd eat these everyday if given the opportunity.
After lunch Eric and I hit the road for his friend's wedding. It was a nice wedding, but the reception dragged on forever! We arrived around 5:00 for the reception and the main course of dinner was not served until about 8:30. We had to leave before the dancing even started. Oh well, I know Eric was glad he was able to go see his friend get hitched.
This morning Eric and I went to church. They showed the re-cap video from GO Cincinnati, so that was nice to see! If they get the video posted on the church's website, I'll make sure to put a link on here for all to see!
After church we went to Sherwin Williams to pick up paint for Eric's laundry room/bathroom! It's finally all coming together and an end is near. It's going to look great once it's done. Much better than what it looked like when Eric first moved in! I believe I have a picture of the bathroom taken right before Eric closed on the house (or maybe it was the day he moved in), so I'll post some before and after pics as soon as it's all done. Not only will it look great, but Eric will finally have more than one functioning bathroom in his house and a bathroom on the main floor (climbing up those stairs every time I had to use the restroom was getting to be a pain...kidding!).
After paint shopping, Eric continued working on his laundry room (sand, sand, sand), and I made lunch:
Kabobs on the grill, on top of some brown rice, with a slice of angel food cake, vanilla yogurt, and pineapple. Can you tell I've been on a grilling kick lately? I'm trying to convince Eric to go ahead and purchase that grill he's planning on getting so I can stop trying to grill on the small portable grill I have. It works just fine...but it's just on the small side, which usually means multiple rounds of grilling for each meal. For now I'll deal. I think I almost have Eric convinced, anyways :).
Well, that's about it. Now Keifer and I are back at home, safe and sound, doing some laundry and contemplating Ironman Wisconsin 2010. Ok, I'm contemplating that...Keifer is just barking at me!
No comments:
Post a Comment