Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Friday, March 6, 2009

The weeks are flying by....

It's already Friday! Wow. I remember thinking last Friday that last week went by super fast. This week was no different. I'm ok with that, though. Bring on summer!

I'm super nervous about tomorrow's run. 14 miles. No group. Just myself and Eric on a bicycle. It will take me about 2 and a half hours. That's a whole lot of running. I can do this though. I'm familiar with all the parts I'm running. There's some hills at the beginning, but nothing too bad. If I need to walk a little bit, then I walk. My legs will probably hurt, but that's ok. It's going to be nice weather, which is awesome.

I bought a new pair of running capris to try out tomorrow. They appear to be very nice. Whether that will hold true after 14 miles of running has yet to be determined. I'm hoping they work out well and then I will run in them for the marathon. If they do work out, I might wear them a couple more times just to make sure, but I will keep them relatively new so they are ready to go for race day!

I keep telling myself that I need to keep thinking the positive thoughts. Tuesdays run went well. I ran five miles, but had some problems with my ankles being tight. I think it's because I wore my boots that day and didnt' stretch out before my run. It was pretty painful. Then yesterday's run was pretty bad. I ran about 3 miles total. I was just tired and my legs felt like bricks. At least I got something in though. 3 miles is better than nothing!

I woke up and stretched this morning and I plan on doing so again tonight before bed. Then I'll be up early to get the dog out and ready and I'll have one last stretching session before Eric and I hit the road. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that tomorrow's run is relatively similar to last Saturday's run. I felt good...my legs didn't hurt until the very end. It was just a good run.

Tomorrow is the test...can I run over a half-marathon by myself? Do I have the willpower to keep going even when it feels tough. I feel like I should pretend I'm surrounded by other people...or visualize a few people in front of me or something. I will get though this. 14 miles, here I come!

No comments: