It's the first day of spring! It's nice and sunny out...although somewhat cold. It's nice to look at from the indoors though, at least. I've been slacking on my blog this week. I've just been busy. And my motivation has hit a speed bump, although I think I redeemed myself yesterday.
Rewind back to Tuesday. I ran 2 miles with Keifer with intentions to run another 2 miles on Wednesday. I didn't end up running at all because I had to get dinner ready for the girls who were coming over to my place. I walked maybe .5 miles with Keifer. I was a little nervous, and lacking all motivation to run yesterday, but I headed out for my afternoon run and it actually felt really good. I ran about 4.5 miles and my legs felt rested, so that's good. Hopefully that will carry over to my Saturday run, which I'm incredibly nervous about! 18 miles...that's crazy!
Just a little over a month left until the marathon! After this week, this is the schedule I'm looking at for my weekend runs: next weekend is the Heart Mini-Marathon (which means 4 miles on my own on Saturday, and 9.3 miles for the race on Sunday...piece of cake!), followed by the 20 mile run the following week, and then 12, 8, and 6 mile runs on the Saturdays leading up to the marathon. I can handle 20 miles...I'm feeling confident about it. And then from there it's all downhill. Well, at least until the marathon. I haven't even begun to think about that yet. I'll save my mental preparation for that until the last 3 weeks leading up to it. I'll probably need the whole 3 weeks to talk myself into the fact that I can do this, but that's ok.
I can't believe there's just a little over a month left of this journey. I'm still amazed that I can head out on a Saturday morning and run for almost 3 hours straight. I know I need to keep this level of physical fitness up after the marathon....but this has been tough. I don't know if I'll run another marathon or not....it is definitely a commitment. I have sacrificed all of my Friday nights and I am exhausted in bed usually by 8:30 any nights that I run. Lately my Saturday nights have been pretty pathetic as well because I'm just so tired from the morning, even after taking a nap. But it's so worth it. I'm going to be able to say that I have run a marathon! I can't wait to cross that finish line!
No comments:
Post a Comment