Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Friday, February 6, 2009

So sick of the cold...

Supposedly it's supposed to warm up today. It was not warm this morning, that's for sure! It still looks cold from my window as well. We'll have to see about that.

I got about a 4.5 mile run in yesterday. It was rather difficult to do considering all the snow...but I pulled it off. There was some brief periods of walking when I had to trek through the snow, or dodge traffic, but I got it done. That should make Saturday much easier this time around.

I don't know what I did to my back, but I woke up in the middle of the night with awful lower back pains. It was like a dull shooting pain. I'm going to ice it tonight so hopefully it won't bother me tomorrow during the run. It has bothered me off and on today. It's not awful, but it definitely catches my attention every now and then

I've been thinking lately about how I should just keep running this much all through the year. I can basically eat whatever I want (within reason) and still continue to lose weight, which is wonderful. It's just the whole getting out of the door in the middle of the humid summers which kill me. Maybe if I train for a race this year, I will discover it's not so bad. We'll see. It is nice to be able to eat whatever I want!

No comments: