Back to work today. So many phone calls to make after missing 4 days last week! Boo.
So much for any sort of break on Saturday after a week off from running. We ran 8 miles. In the freezing cold. I ran most of it by myself. I was running with a group and with two coaches, but they decided they were only running 4 miles (with the half marathon training group). So I ran off by myself. Karen Cosgrove happened to cross paths with me at one point, and she ran a mile with me.
But I did it. 8 miles. And it was painful. My legs were sore...and they stayed that way for the next 24 hours. I will never take a week off from running again. Hopefully I won't have to.
We were told that this weekend our long run is off-site. We are meeting down at the Montgomery Inn Boathouse. I asked Karen what we were doing and she said we were running up to Eden Park and back. That means we are doing "The Hill". The dreaded hill. The two mile long hill. It wasn't so bad last year, but I had done most of my training on hills. The hills in Blue Ash do not even begin to compare to the hills around UC. So I'm nervous. I'll survive...it's only an 8 mile run again. I can handle an 8 mile run with a big hill on it. I'm not out to win any races, just to get up the hill and back down in one piece. At least it's supposed to be warmer this weekend. So I won't have to wear so many layers all over my body.
Well, back to the daily grind. It's time to get to work!
No comments:
Post a Comment