Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Yes....snow day #3

Add another to the list.

The roads are really crappy, so no running either. They cancelled the "non-coached" run today, so I don't feel so bad about not being able to run. I'm probably not the only one.

I guess it's too cold outside to get the roads cleared off. If I tried to run outside, I would probably slip and fall on my face and hurt myself somehow. So to get some cardio today, I did a bunch of shoveling at Eric's house. I was definitely breaking a sweat and I have a feeling my arms and back are going to be sore in the morning. I also ran around with Keifer in the back yard...so that has to count for a short run :).

Tomorrow's Friday and I kinda just feel like we should have one more snow day to wrap up the week. I haven't been at work since Monday...tomorrow just seems sort of pointless. Granted, I have a bunch of meetings tomorrow, but who knows if those will still happen or not. I guess work wouldn't be so bad. At least it would give me something to do.

The training program people sent out an email saying the run isn't going to be until 8:00 am on Saturday as opposed to 7:30. I'm not quite sure what that 30 minutes is going to do for us, but I'll take the 30 minutes of sleeping in. I'm hoping they drop the miles down (we're supposed to run 8) since I haven't done any running since Saturday. If the roads are cleared better tomorrow I might try to get a short run in, but I'm not holding my breath considering we're supposed to get a "light dusting" of snow tonight.

The snow days are getting slightly old...but they have been nice and relaxing. Almost like a vacation of sorts. I've enjoyed the opportunity to be lazy and not feel bad about it :).

No comments: