I had no time yesterday to write....it was a crazy, non-stop work day and I kept moving until I fell into bed last night!
Tuesday night was the first Tuesday I had run in 3 weeks. We ended up doing a "hill" workout. I hate hills...it's official. It wasn't so bad though. Nothing like the hill we will be facing at the 6-8 mile mark of the marathon! I ran about 5 miles and totally murdered my little toe. I wore my old shoes because it was raining outside and the snow had all been melting. That was a bad idea. I think it's time to retire those shoes. They leave my little toe in shambles. I'm hoping it feels ok today when I head out for 5 miles. If not, I'm going to need to start getting creative with ways of cushioning it or something. I have to run 9 miles on Saturday and many more miles in the weeks to come! It my toe can't make it through 5 miles, how will it ever make it through 26?
The warm weather has left us, which is unfortunate. We had highs in the 60s for the past 3 days...which made Tuesday's run pretty nice (minus the rain). I was wearing capri pants and a short sleeve shirt at one point. The high today is in the 40s, which isn't that bad either. I'm attempting to run in capris again, which was probably a mistake. But we'll see. It's supposed to be sunny, so maybe it won't be so bad.
Eric's been out of town all week in Texas and he's coming home tomorrow evening. It's been a mixed blessing having his dog in my apartment. She keeps Keifer occupied so I'm able to get some stuff done around the apartment that Keifer wouldn't normally let me do without a lot of barking and whining. But she's also extremely high-energy. She really makes Keifer look like a calm, normal dog. I think Nutmeg has some anxiety issues. That would explain a lot of her behavior. It's been slightly stressful with her because I think she needs a bigger area to be in. Eric's house works for her because she can run all over. My apartment is just too small for myself, Keifer, and a hyper dog. I'm sure I will miss having her around, though, when Eric comes back. Then it's back to having to entertain Keifer 24/7 like he's a small child.
I'm thinking about getting a pedicure this weekend, but I'm a little nervous since my feet are all beat up from running. I've never had a problem with a pedicure in the past, so I'm sure it will be fine. I just don't want to come out of it and have more problems than I did going in. We'll see.
I'm also thinking about getting my hair cut this weekend. I'm itching for a change, per usual....just no idea how to change it. I'm feeling overwhelmed by my hair. It's really long right now and there's just so much of it. We'll see what I end up doing.
I'm looking forward to this weekend! Not only is it Valentine's Day weekend, we don't have school on Monday, so it's a 3 day weekend! Eric took Monday and Tuesday off from work, so we'll probably do something entertaining this weekend. He can also use the time to get a lot of work done on his house. It should be a nice, relaxing weekend (minus the 9 mile run on Saturday, of course).
No comments:
Post a Comment