Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Friday, January 9, 2009

Run #2...

Check.

I ran 4 miles yesterday afternoon. I did it after work rather than waiting until 6:30 with the group. I knew I could handle 4 miles on my own. I did it in 42 minutes, which includes all the time I spent standing around waiting for stop lights. So, overall, not too shabby. Plus it was freezing outside, so considering the rather cold temps and stiff legs at the beginning, I didn't do too bad.

Now I just have to see how Saturday goes. It's only 5 miles, so just 10 more minutes on top of what I did yesterday. I could run 5 miles in my sleep! Ok, maybe not really in my sleep...but it's nothing I'm scared of. I'm sure it will go by fast. It is supposed to be raining/snowing though so that's no fun. Maybe it will hold off for an hour to get my run in.

I'm sure I'll have more to write after my first true group run experience. I'm excited!

No comments: