Check!
I deserve a cookie or something....I got my butt out of bed on Saturday morning and ran 5 miles in the pouring down rain. Believe me, I did not want to do it, and probably the only thing that got me there was the fact that it was the first Saturday of training and didn't want to miss out on the first true group run. Come to find out...running in the rain isn't too bad. My feet stayed dry, I wore a hat so my face was relatively dry, and I had my new rain jacket so my body stayed dry. The hat was definitely key with keeping the rain out of my eyes. It made the experience so much more pleasant.
I ended up running with 3 other women the majority of the time. It went by incredibly fast, which I was happy about. We finished in about 50 minutes, so keeping a 10 minute per mile pace. One girl that was running with us ended up puking (someone was running a little too fast!). I felt pretty good. I had to slow it down a little bit at the end when we were running up a hill, but other than that my body felt great!
The week ahead of me is a relatively easy week again. Tuesday the schedule says we're doing a fitness assessment and Thursday is only 4 miles again. Then Saturday we run 6 miles. Unfortuantely though, the weather is not going to be great. The highs are in the teens later this week and there's going to be snow basically every other day. I am not looking forward to any of that. I'm going to have to figure out what to wear around my mouth so I don't end up with a hacking cough due to the frigid temps. Hopefully this will be the coldest week of winter. I can handle the cold temps. I just hope my body can handle it and not get sick!
This week is an insanely busy week at work. I'm going to focus on work at work and focus on training afterwards. I need to get them both in, obviously. I just don't want to stress. AIMSWeb is next week...so as long as I make it through this week, it should be smooth sailing!
No comments:
Post a Comment