I ran 7 miles yesterday. That's over 1/4 of a marathon! I ran most of it by myself....which I was perfectly ok with. There were people ahead of me and people behind me. It just seems that there's a group of people who are just slightly faster than me, and I'm not going to try to kill myself to keep up with them. I'm much happier going at my own pace and having time to just let my mind wander instead of trying to have conversations while running (which I hate).
While I was running I was thinking about how I was running 7 miles and how far I've come since last year. I probably didn't get up to 7 miles until about halfway through my training program, and it seemed like it was so far! Yesterday it felt like a breeze. I think since I've already hit the 13 mile mark, I'm ok with anything up to 13 miles. It's all the miles after that that scare me. But those aren't coming for a few more weeks.
For now, I will just revel in the fact that 7 miles seems like nothing nowadays.
I'm off to a seminar put on by a physical therapy place. I'm hoping to get some exercises or stretches to help my IT band/hip area. And maybe my knees. They started hurting at the end of my run yesterday as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment