Well, the running this weekend didn't happen like I thought it would. I woke up on Saturday morning to a bunch of slippery snow! I slipped while walking Keifer, so I figured it wasn't a great idea to go run. I took running stuff with me up to Indy, telling myself I'd run on Sunday morning to make up for it. Keifer and I headed out, only to find that it was face-numbing cold and Keifer's little (or big) paws started to bother him because he started doing the high paw-lifting while looking at me with the "why are you doing this to me, mom?" look. We maybe ran a mile....maybe. It was so cold though, and I still haven't completely kicked this sickness yet, so I'm ok with not running. The plan is to get a run in today, but my little toe is still bothering me because of that blister I had at Thanksgiving. Parts of the skin are a little raw, and I can already feel the pain while just walking in normal shoes. I'm going to do some research on blisters to see what I can find. I'd rather heal the skin than keep pushing it and it never heals.
I started my new meds on Friday. I was soo annoyed. I could NOT fall asleep Friday night and I had absolutely no problems waking up to anything....I felt like I woke up more often than I typically do. The fact that I was super nervous probably didn't help anything. Saturday night was a little better...but still not great. Last night has been the best so far. I fell asleep pretty quickly (typical time for me), and slept decently. I've been taking my old medicine still, since the new meds aren't supposed to make a difference for a couple weeks (if that), and I just ran out today. I called to fill my prescription, and the pharmacist says I have to have prior authorization which could take up to 3 days, best scenario. I really hate my insurance company. I know it's because I started these new meds so now they have a problem with giving me both. So frustrating! I just can't deal with it anymore, so I am going to stop taking my old medicine (I really have no choice, at least for a few days). If it makes a huge difference, I'll start contacting my doctors. But for now I will just deal.
I'm signing up for the marathon training program tomorrow. Then I need to start building my base back up. I need to be at 6 miles before the program starts! I also need my toe to heal.
No comments:
Post a Comment