Happy Halloween to all the boys and ghouls out there! :)
This weekend will be training run #1 for my 10K training plan. I'm still waiting to hear about Thanksgiving plans, but I will start training even though I don't know if I can do the race. I was supposed to do some cross-training this morning, but instead I decided to run/walk for about 30 minutes instead. It's just too cold outside to only walk. Plus, Keifer needs the additional energy-releaser. I am definitely not taking him on my long run this weekend! He's absolutely insane. I'll take him to the dog park so he can run crazy or something. He's too much of a risk to run with for a long period.
My goal is to do my run tomorrow morning, but I'm going to a Halloween party tonight, so we'll see if I have the energy to get up and run. If not, I don't have any plans for Saturday night, so Sunday morning will work as well. It's been a long week...I need my sleep! The great thing about fall weather is that I can do my run in the middle of the afternoon if I want to. It never gets too hot to run! So at some point this weekend I will be doing a 4 mile run. I'm hoping it goes well. I might need to take a walk break or two. As long as I can run the majority of it I will be fine.
I bought a foam roller the other day and I hate it. They didn't have any long skinny ones, so instead I got a fat short one and it hurts me way too much. I'm returning it this afternoon and getting "The Stick" which I think is more of what I'm looking for. I just want some way to massage out the kinks. From what I've read, "The Stick" should be good.
Yesterday I looked up a bunch of weight lifting exercises and created a nice list of all of them to take with me to the gym. I'm going to try to get back into this weight lifting regimen. Every Tues. and Thurs. I'll go to the gym to lift. And then I'll try to make it on Sundays as well, time willing. I haven't been making it to the gym much lately, so this is a good excuse to go. And if I go 3 times a week just to lift I'm getting my money's worth, at least! I can't lift anywhere else. I went to the gym and lifted yesterday and I am sore today! That's a good sign, I suppose.
Tomorrow is the first day of November. That means just 2 months left until Marathon training commences. I wish it was starting this month....I have all my motivation now! I'm worried it will dwindle by then. That's why I need to do this Thanksgiving day race. It gives me a distraction for at least a month of the waiting time. Then Christmas will give me another distraction :).
No comments:
Post a Comment