Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Thursday, September 2, 2010

What’s Next?

I’m not quite sure what the answer to that question is.  Since fall and winter are fast approaching (even though it’s still blazing saddles outside), that means it’s time to get outside and run!  But, what distance…I don’t know.  Here are a random list of things that I would like to accomplish at some point in the future (now this could be within a year or 10 years from now…there’s no specific time frame). 

1.  Redeem myself from my marathon attempt and complete the Flying Pig Marathon…preferably around the 4:30 mark

2.  Break 2:00 in a half marathon

3.  Train for an Olympic Distance tri as my “A” race to see what time I could get

4.  Train for a Half Ironman Distance tri as my “A” race to see what time I could get

5.  Ride my bike for fun and not for any sort of training purposes :)!

What the future holds…nobody knows!

One thing that I do know – I think my blogging days about my athletic endeavors is over.  It’s just too hard to keep up and my world will soon be consumed with work and wedding planning.  Who knows, maybe I’ll miss blogging and return some day.  I am glad I blogged my Ironman experience so I can forever look back on everything (and provide myself with concrete evidence of why I should never do an Ironman again!).  Thanks for following along!

No comments: