Is it scary that a half ironman seems like a walk in the park in the grand scheme of things? Last year I was freaking out before my half ironman…but this year, it’s just another day of training. A day of training with thousands of my closest triathlon friends (or people I don’t even know is more like it). They released bib numbers and athlete info for Steelhead 70.3 which is a week from Saturday. I normally would be studying the athlete info like I was about to take a mid-term, but I haven’t even had the desire to look at it yet. I’m working on a week-by-week basis this summer. I wrote on my calendar to plan the Michigan trip on Monday (Michigan is where my half ironman is). I have a wedding this weekend – that’s my focus for now.
I did take a peek at my bib number though, and what wave I’m in:
Do you see my name?
Oh, and if you are dying to follow along while I race, you can do so online because it is an Ironman sanctioned event. Just go to www.ironman.com on race day and enter my bib number, name or age group. It will provide updates as I pass over timing mats along the way. This probably sounds awfully boring and I don’t blame you if you would rather just ask me how I did after the fact. But just keep this in mind because I’ll be advertising my bib number for the BIG RACE and you can follow along on that day as well!
It appears that there are 17 waves. And if you can see, that 17th wave starts over an hour after me and I’m wave #8! This is going to be insane! I’m actually really excited. I’ve never participated in a race this big and the half ironman I did last year had a few hundred people and this one has over 2000! It’s good practice for my Ironman.
Maybe I’ll go read up on the athlete info now. I’m kinda excited and feel the need to start “studying”!
No comments:
Post a Comment